Sunday, May 31, 2009

My worst nightmare!!!





Last Friday I was so excited to have a free day. I had just finished another month of classes, and I had the day off for Tyson's preschool graduation. I was looking forward to a low-key day. I went downstairs to feed the kids breakfast then went upstairs to call my mother-in-law. When I was off the phone I went to sit in the window seat and look out the window. While I was walking toward it I saw a clump of brown curly hair. My heart sank. I prayed it was doll hair. I picked it up to discover my worst nightmare. Tyson gave Josie her first haircut. I was horrified! Immediately i started bawling while I gathered all the beautiful curls scattered about on the carpet. Josie heard me and came to give me a hug. Next Tyson came upstairs and I asked him what had happened, he told me Josie did it. I believed him until I saw the bald spot on the Back of Josie's head. I knew she couldn't do that on her own. I questioned Ty again and he told me he had done it. All three of us sat on the floor and cried together. Tyson kept saying over and over, I'm sorry mommy. My heart broke even more. He has the sweetest spirit, but why would he cut her beautiful long hair? The only thing i can think of is jealousy. He watches me spend so much time doing her hair, painting her nails and picking out earrings. He wants his nails painted too. I have been trying to spend more time one on one with him. Hopefully this will help we will see. At the end of the day, Josie lost eight inches of her curls and she now has bangs. I have struggled to find a "do" that will hide the bald spots in the back. I think i finally found one. Everyone says it will grow back, but it took three years to get where it was. She is still adorable, and yes I know, it happens all the time and EVENTUALLY it will grow back Thank you Carrie for fixing the mess Tyson made! I love you Carrie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment